REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle with jackstands.
- Remove the nut attaching the lateral control rod to the rear axle housing, then disconnect the rod.
- Remove the nut and bolt attaching the control rod to the chassis, then remove the rod.
- Position the floorjack under the differential and raise it until the axle is lifted off the jackstands.
- Install the lateral control rod to the chassis.
- Install the washer, bushing, spacer, control rod, bushing, washer and nut onto the rear axle housing in that order.
- Remove the jackstands, lower the vehicle, then bounce the car several times to set the suspension.
- Raise the rear axle housing again and tighten the chassis mounting bolt to 58 ft. lbs. (78 Nm). Tighten the axle housing bolt to 43 ft. lbs. (58 Nm).
See Figures 4 and 5
- Using SST 09710-14012 or its equivalent, press out the bushing from the lateral control rod. Always make certain that the bushing is removed (and installed) from the chamfered side.
- Press the new bushing into the lateral control rod.
Never use a lubricant when installing the new bushing into the lateral control rod.