REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
This procedure requires the use of a spring compressor; it cannot be performed without one. If you do not have access to this special tool, do not attempt to disassemble the strut.
- Remove the strut assembly.
- Fabricate a strut assembly mounting stand as illustrated. Bolt the assembly to the stand and then mount the stand in a vise.
- Attach a spring compressor and compress the spring until the upper spring retainer is free of any spring tension.
- Use a spring seat holder to hold the support and then remove the nut on the strut bearing plate.
- Remove the bearing plate, the support, the upper spring retainer and then slowly and cautiously unscrew the spring compressor until all spring tension is relieved. Remove the spring and the dust cover.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal. When install the components be sure to pack the bearing in the suspension support with multi-purpose grease. Use a new retaining nut and tighten it to 29-39 ft. lbs. (39-53 Nm).