REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the nut, washer, retainer, spacer and cushion from the strut bar where it attaches to the chassis.
Do not remove the staked nut.
- Raise the lower control arm with a floor jack and then disconnect the strut bar.
- Check that the distance between the staked nut and the center of the bolt hole on the bar is 14.9 inch (379mm) for 1970-81; 15.165 inch (385.2mm) for 1982-85 Celica; 14.531 inch (369.1mm) for 1982-85 Supra. Adjust the staked nut as necessary.
Never adjust the staked nut unless required.
- Raise the lower arm and connect the strut bar. Tighten to 49 ft. lbs. (66 Nm).
- Reconnect the bar and all the hardware to the chassis bracket. Tighten the bolt to 67 ft. lbs. (90 Nm) on Celica and 76 ft. lbs. (102 Nm) on the Supra.
- Check the front wheel alignment and side slip.