REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Check the fuel pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the vacuum sensing hose.
- Put a suitable container or shop towel under the pressure regulator.
- Disconnect the fuel hose from the regulator.
- On the Supra, disconnect the No. 2 fuel pipe from the regulator.
- Remove the locknut, and separate the regulator from the engine.
- Install the regulator with the locknut, and tighten the locknut to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm) on the
Celica or 26-39 ft. lbs. (35-53 Nm) on the Supra.
- On the Supra, connect the No. 2 fuel pipe, using a new gasket, pipe, another gasket and union bolt to the regulator. Tighten the union bolt to 18-25 ft. lbs. (25-34 Nm).
- Attach the other fuel hose.
- Connect the vacuum sensing hose.
- Connect the negative battery cable.