- Check that the throttle linkage moves smoothly.
- Start the engine and remove the hose from the vacuum port.
- With your finger, check that there is no vacuum at idle and that there IS vacuum at anything other than idle.
- Unplug the electrical connector from the throttle position sensor.
- Insert a flat feeler gauge between the throttle stop screw and the stop lever.
- Using an ohmmeter, check the continuity between each terminal on the sensor.
- Check the dashpot as detailed later in this section.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Any time a high pressure fuel line is disconnected, a large amount of gasoline will spill out. Always slowly loosen the connection and place a container under it. Plug the connection afterwards.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Tag and disconnect all lines, hoses or wires that lead from the throttle body. Position them out of the way. Remove the air intake connector.
- Unscrew the mounting bolts and remove the throttle body and gasket.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
Idle speed is controlled by the ECM and is not adjustable.