REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The coil springs are retained under extreme pressure. They can release enough energy to cause serious injury. Exercise extreme caution when working with the coil springs.
- Raise the rear of the vehicle and support the body with jackstands.
- Remove the lower shock retaining nuts.
- Unbolt the rear stabilizer bar support brackets (if so equipped) and pivot the bar down.
- Using the jack, slowly lower the lower control arm until the coil springs and their insulators can be removed.
While lowering the axle (or lower control arm), be careful not to put any stress on the brake lines and the parking brake cable.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
Make sure the spring insulators are installed correctly. If not, remove and correctly install the coil spring.