REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle with jackstands.
- Remove the nut attaching the lateral control rod to the rear axle housing, then disconnect the rod.
- Remove the nut and bolt attaching the control rod to the chassis, then remove the rod.
- Position the floor jack under the differential and raise it until the axle is lifted off the jackstands.
- Install the lateral control rod to the chassis.
- Install the washer, bushing, spacer, control rod, bushing, washer and nut onto the rear axle housing in that order.
- Remove the jackstands, lower the vehicle, then bounce the car several times to set the suspension.
- Raise the rear axle housing again and tighten the chassis mounting bolt to 58 ft. lbs. (78 Nm). Tighten the axle housing bolt to 43 ft. lbs. (58 Nm).
- Using SST 09710-14012 or its equivalent, press out the bushing from the lateral control rod. Always make certain that the bushing is removed (and installed) from the chamfered side.
- Press the new bushing into the lateral control rod.
Never use a lubricant when installing the new bushing into the lateral control rod.