REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the rear of the vehicle and support the body with jackstands. Support the rear axle housing with a floor jack.
- Remove the control arm-to-body bolt.
- Remove the control arm-to-rear axle housing bolt and then remove the control arm.
- Install the control arm-to-body bolt; do not tighten the nut.
- Install the control arm-to-axle housing bolt; do not tighten the nut.
- Remove the jackstands, lower the vehicle and then bounce it several times to set the suspension.
- Raise the rear axle housing again and then tighten the upper and lower control arm-to-body bolts to 105 ft. lbs. (142 Nm). Tighten the upper and lower arm-to-axle housing bolts to 90 ft. lbs. (121 Nm).
Bushing replacement for the upper and lower control arms is identical to the procedure listed under Lateral Control Rod.