REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Choose an adhesive kit and read the directions thoroughly.
- Remove the front pillar inner garnish moulding. It is usually attached with clips that can be pried out by hand. Pull the moulding upward.
Remove the following components:
Inner rear view mirror
- Push piano wire through from the interior and tie the wire ends to a wooden block or equivalent.
- Cut the adhesive by pulling the wire around the glass. Cut off the glass as top leave as much of the urethane layer on the body as possible.
- Clean the contact surface of the body leaving as much urethane layer on the body as possible.
- Clean the cutting surface of the urethane gum with a piece of cloth saturated with solvent (rubbing alcohol).
- If reusing the old glass, remove the urethane gum sticking to the glass by scraping and cleaning with alcohol.
- Place the glass in the correct position on the rubber spacers.
- Check the glass for fit and make reference marks between the glass and the body, then remove the glass.
- Follow the adhesive kit instructions and apply the adhesive.
- The remainder of the installation is the reverse of removal.