To obtain the diagnostic codes the following conditions must be met.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Do not start the engine.
- Using a wire, short the terminals T-E1 of the check engine connector.
- Read the diagnostic code as indicated by the number of flashes of the Check Engine light.
- The normal operation code No. 1. the light will blink once every 4 1 / 2 seconds.
- If there is a malfunction in the system, the light will blink a number of times equal to the malfunction code indicated every 4 1 / 2 seconds. The code series will repeat as long as the check connector terminals (T-E1) are shorted.
- After the diagnosis check, remove the sub-wire and install the rubber cap to the check engine connector.