See Figure 1
To inspect the throttle cable operation, remove the air cleaner assembly and depress the accelerator cable all the way. Check that the throttle valve opens fully. If the throttle valve does not open fully, adjust the accelerator link as follows:
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Fully depress the accelerator cable.
- Loosen the adjustment nut.
- Adjust the cable housing so that the distance between the end of boot and the stopper is 0-0.04 in. (0-1mm).
- Tighten the adjusting nuts.
- Recheck the adjustment.
- Loosen the control cable lever swivel nut.
- Push the control lever to the right as far as it will go.
- Bring the lever back two notches to the Neutral position.
- Place the shift lever in Neutral.
- Hold the lever, lightly, toward the R range side and tighten the swivel nut.