See Figures 1, 2 and 3
Adjust the pedal height to the specifications given in the chart, by rotating the pedal stop (nut).
See Figures 4, 5 and 6Corolla 1200
- Pull on the clutch release cable at the clutch support flange until a resistance is felt when the release bearing contacts the clutch diaphragm spring.
- Holding the cable in this position measure the distance between the E-ring and the end of the wire support flange. The distance should be 5-6 threads.
- If adjustment is required, change the position of the E-ring.
- After completing the adjustment, check the clutch pedal free-play which should be 0.8-1.4 in. (20-36mm) after the pedal is depressed several times.
- Adjust the clearance between the master cylinder piston and the pushrod to the specifications given in the Clutch Pedal Free-Play Adjustment chart. Loosen the pushrod locknut and rotate the pushrod while depressing the clutch pedal lightly with your finger.
- Tighten the locknut when finished with the adjustment.
- Adjust the release cylinder free-play by loosening the release cylinder pushrod locknut and rotating the pushrod, if necessary.
- Measure the clutch pedal free-play after performing the above adjustments. If it fails to fall within specifications, repeat Steps 1-3 until it does.