REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the clevis pin.
- Detach the hydraulic line from the tub.
- Unfasten the bolts which secure the master cylinder to the firewall. Withdraw the assembly.
We recommend replacement of the master and clutch slave cylinder as an assembly (one can be replaced without the other) for proper reliability and performance
- Service as required. Installation is performed in the reverse order of removal. Bleed and adjust the brake system. Adjust the clutch pedal height and free-play, if necessary.
See Figure 1
- Clamp the master cylinder body in a vise with soft jaws.
- Separate the reservoir assembly from the master cylinder.
- Remove the snapring and remove the pushrod/piston assembly.
- Inspect all of the parts and replace any which are worn or defective.
- Coat all parts with clean brake fluid, prior to assembly.
- Install the piston assembly in the cylinder bore.
- Fit the pushrod over the washer and secure them with the snapring.
- Install the reservoir.