REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
- Remove the transmission from the vehicle as previously detailed.
- Remove the clutch cover and disc from the bellhousing.
- Unfasten the release fork bearing clips. Withdraw the release bearing hub, complete with the release bearing.
- Remove the tension spring from the clutch linkage, if equipped.
- Remove the release fork and support.
- Punch matchmarks on the clutch cover and the pressure plate so that the plate can be returned to its original position during installation.
- Slowly unfasten the screws which attach the retracting springs, if so equipped.
If the screws are released too fast, the clutch assembly will fly apart, causing possible injury or loss of parts
- Separate the pressure plate (remove the pressure plate retaining bolts evenly in steps) from the clutch cover/spring assembly. Inspect the parts for wear or deterioration. Replace parts as required.
Installation is performed in the reverse order of removal. Several points should be noted, however:
Be sure to align the matchmarks on the clutch cover and pressure plate which were made during disassembly.
Install the clutch disc bolts, then tighten them evenly and gradually in a criss-cross pattern in several passes around the cover-this procedure step is most important