REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
Testing injection nozzles requires extensive mechanical training and elaborate testing equipment. Refer to a local machine shop for this type of repair
- Loosen the clamps, then remove the injection hoses from between the injection pump and pipe.
- Disconnect both ends of the injection pipes from the pump and nozzle holders.
- Disconnect the fuel cut off wire from the connector clamp.
- Remove the nut, connector clamp and bond cable.
- Unbolt and remove the injector pipes.
- Disconnect the fuel hoses from the leakage pipes.
- Remove the four nuts, leakage pipe and four washers.
- Unscrew and remove the nozzles.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the nozzles to 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm). Always use new nozzle seat gaskets and seats. Bleed the system by loosening the pipes at the nozzles and cranking the engine until all air is expelled and fuel sprays.