REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 8
- Remove the air clean, its assorted hoses and lines. Be sure to tag all connections to assure proper installation.
- Tag and disconnect any wires, hoses or lines which might interfere with the cylinder head cover removal. If necessary, remove the retaining bolts from the wiring harness brackets.
On some vehicles, the accelerator cable is routed through a cover mounted bracket, slip the cable from the bracket so the cover may be removed
- If equipped with a camshaft cover mounted PCV valve, disengage the hose from the valve or remove the valve from the cover, whichever is easier.
- Unscrew the retaining screws/bolts and then lift off the cylinder head cover. On some engines, the timing belt cover may be bolted to the end of the camshaft cover, if so, these bolts must be removed as well.
If the cylinder head cover is stuck, tap it lightly with a rubber mallet to loosen it. DO NOT attempt to pry it off
- Using a new gasket and, if necessary, silicone sealant, replace the cylinder head cover and tighten the bolts down until they are snug-BUT not too tight!
Installation of the remaining components is in the reverse order of removal.