On most applications the mast and cable are one piece. If the mast is damaged or broken on these units, the entire antenna assembly, including the cable, must be replaced
- Remove the console side panel, to the right of the accelerator pedal as necessary.
- Disconnect the antenna cable from the radio by reaching through the back of the console and disconnecting the cable from its socket. If you can't quite reach or release the cable, the radio will have to be loosened in the dash and disconnected from the front.
- Remove the two screws holding the hood release lever and move the lever out of the way.
- Remove the lower left dashboard trim and disconnect the speaker wiring.
- Remove the left side kick panel.
- Remove the retainer(s), then remove the left side cowl trim.
- Attach a long piece of mechanic's wire or heavy string to the end of the antenna wire. This will track up through the pillar as you remove the old antenna and can then be used to pull the new line into place.
- Remove the two attaching screws at the antenna mast. Remove the antenna and carefully pull the cable up the pillar. Use a helper to insure the end inside the car does not snag or pull other wires.
- Remove the mechanic's wire or twine from the old cable and attach it to the new cable. Make sure it is tied so that the plug will stay straight during installation.
- With your helper, feed the new cable into the pillar while pulling gently on the guide wire or string. Route the antenna cable properly under the dash, making sure it will not catch on the steering column or pedal linkages. Use tape or cable ties to secure it.
- Remove the guide line from the antenna cable. Route the antenna into the radio and install the connector.
- Install the attaching screws holding the mast to the pillar. Make sure the screws are properly threaded and that both the screws and their holes are free of dirt or corrosion. A poor connection at these screws can affect antenna and radio performance.
- Install the left side cowl trim and the left side kick panel.
- Connect the speaker wiring and install the lower left dashboard trim.
- Install the hood release lever.
- Install the console side panel.