REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Do not disassemble the cylinder because it is filled with pressurized gas. If the damper cylinder is to be replaced, drill a 0.08 in. (2mm) hole in the bottom of the REMOVED damper cylinder to completely release the high pressure gas before disposing of the assemblyCoupe/Sedan
- Disconnect the lift cylinder upper end from the lid.
- Disconnect the lift cylinder lower end from hinge.
- Install lift cylinder lower end to hinge.
- Install lift cylinder upper end to lid. Adjust the lid as necessary.
- Remove the roof side inner garnish, as necessary.
- Disconnect the lift cylinder lower end from the body.
- Remove the lift cylinder upper end from the backdoor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedures. Adjust the liftback as necessary.