REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the nut, washer, retainer, spacer and cushion from the strut bar where it attaches to the chassis. Do not remove the staked nut.
- Raise the lower control arm with a floor jack, then disconnect the strut bar assembly.
- Check the distance between the staked nut and the center of the bolt hole on the bar. The specification is 14.642 in. (372mm) for RWD. Adjust the staked nut as necessary. Never adjust the staked nut unless required.
- Raise the lower arm and connect the strut bar.
- Reconnect the bar and all the hardware to the chassis bracket. Check front end alignment.