REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Drain the engine coolant.
- Disconnect the air intake hose. If necessary remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Tag and disconnect all lines, hoses or wires that lead from the throttle body. Position them out of the way.
- Unscrew the mounting bolts and remove the throttle body and gasket.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
See Figures 2 and 3
- Check that the throttle linkage moves smoothly.
- Start the engine and remove the hose from the vacuum port.
- With your finger, check that there is no vacuum at idle and that there is vacuum at anything other than idle.
- Unplug the electrical connector from the throttle position sensor.
- Insert a flat feeler gauge (refer the illustration for testing the throttle body) between the throttle stop screw and the stop lever.
- Using an ohmmeter, check the continuity between each terminal on the sensor.