REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Front Turn Signals
This can be done with the vehicle on the ground. Access may be improved if the vehicle is safely supported on jackstands
- From behind the bumper, disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the two nuts from the housing.
- Remove the turn signal lamp housing.
If only the bulb is to be changed, the lens may be removed from the front
- Reassemble the housing in reverse order of disassembly procedure.
See Figures 1 and 2FRONT
- Remove the retaining screws. On some models, the screws are visible at the rear corner of the lens. On other models, the screw is under the hood.
- Gently remove the lighting assembly from the body of the vehicle.
- Disconnect the bulb and socket(s) from the housing.
- Reassemble in reverse order of removal procedure.
- Some models incorporates the sidelights into the taillight assemblies. Remove the two screws in the side marker lens.
- Remove the lighting assembly from the bodywork.
- Disconnect the bulb and socket from the lighting assembly.
- Reassemble in reverse order of the removal procedure.
See Figures 3 and 4
- Raise the trunk lid and remove or fold back the trunk carpeting.
- Disconnect the wiring from the bulb holder(s).
- If a bulb is to be changed, remove the bulb holder from the housing by pressing the tab and lifting out the holder assembly. Replace the bulb and reinsert the housing.
- Remove the nuts holding the taillight assembly in place. Some may be difficult to reach.
- Remove the lens assembly from the outside of the vehicle.
- When reinstalling the lens assembly, pay close attention to the placement of the gasket. It must be correctly positioned and evenly positioned to prevent water from entering the lens or trunk area. Double check the holes through which the threaded studs pass; caulk them with sealer if needed.
- Install the retaining nuts and tighten them evenly. Do not overtighten them or the lens may crack.
- Install the electrical connectors. Operate the lights while you check the function at the rear of the vehicle. Replace the trunk carpet.