REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unthread the retaining screws and remove the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Unscrew the retaining screws, then remove the steering column garnish.
- Turn the ignition key to the ACC position.
- Push the lock cylinder stop in with a small, round object (cotter pin, punch, etc.), then pull out the ignition key and the lock cylinder.
You may find that removing the steering wheel and the combination switch will ease removal
- Loosen the mounting screw and withdraw the ignition switch from the lock housing.
- Install the switch with the switch recess and the bracket tab in the correct position. Install the retaining screw.
- Make sure that both the lock cylinder and the column lock are in the ACC position. Slide the cylinder into the lock housing until the stop tab engages the hole in the lock.
- Installation of the remaining components is in the reverse order of removal.