REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the rear seat cushion, seat sideback and quarter trim, as required to gain access to the sensor harness connector.
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle. Remove the tire and wheel.
- Disconnect the wheel speed sensor lead from the ABS harness. Remove any retaining bolts or clips holding the harness in place.
Clips and retainers must be reinstalled in their exact original location. Take careful note of the position of each retainer and of the correct harness routing during removal.
- Remove the bolt(s) holding the speed sensor.
- Carefully remove the sensor straight out of its mount. Do not subject the sensor to shock or vibration; protect the tip of the sensor at all times.
- If necessary remove the rear axle hub.
- Install the rear axle hub if removed and tighten to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Before installation, make certain all traces of paint are removed from the hub carrier surface. A clean metal-to-metal contact is required. Fit the sensor into position. Make certain the sensor sits flush against the mounting surface; it must not be crooked.
- Install the retaining bolt. Tighten the bolt to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Route the sensor cable correctly and install the harness clips and retainers. The cable must be in its original position and completely clear of moving components.
- Connect the sensor cable to the ABS harness and secure the mounting bolts to 49 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the wheel and tire.
- Lower the vehicle to the ground.