The start injector time switch controls the length of time the injector will stay on depending on engine temperature.
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between each of the terminals. They should be as follows:
- If the resistance is not as specified, replace the switch.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Perform this procedure only on a cold engine.
- Drain the cooling system as necessary.
- With the ignition OFF , unplug the electrical connector to the switch.
- Using the proper sized wrench, carefully unscrew the switch from the engine.
- Coat the threads of the switch with a sealant and install it.
- Plug the electrical connector into the switch.
- Refill the coolant to the proper level. Road test the vehicle for proper operation.