See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the sensor. Place the tip of the sensor in a pot of heated oil.
- Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between the two terminals. It should be as follows:
- If the resistance is not as specified, replace the sensor.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- With the ignition OFF , unplug the electrical connector to the sensor.
- Using the proper sized wrench, carefully unscrew the sensor from the engine.
- Install the sensor.
- Plug the electrical connector into the sensor.
- Refill the coolant to the proper level. Road test the vehicle for proper operation.