See Figures 1 and 2
- Make sure all accessories are off.
- Test the VSV using a voltmeter, check the meter indicates battery voltage during cranking and fir ten seconds after starting.
- If it is not as specified, replace the VSV.
- Check that air does not blow from pipe E to F.
- Apply battery voltage across the terminals. Check that air flows from pipe E to F.
- If operation is not as specified, replace the VSV.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Replacing the various vacuum switches simply requires unplugging the vacuum and/or electrical connections, then unbolting the switch. Inspect the vacuum hose over its entire length for any signs of cracking or splitting. The slightest leak can cause improper operation.