REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Remove the front wheel.
- Matchmark the strut and knuckle mounting.
- Disconnect brake hose from the shock absorber.
- Disconnect the ABS sensor wire from the shock absorber if so equipped.
- Loosen the two nuts on the lower side of the shock absorber.
Do not remove the 2 nuts and bolts.
- Remove the three nuts on the upper side of the shock absorber. Next remove the 2 nuts and bolts from the lower side of the shock absorber.
- Remove the strut and coil spring assembly out through the wheel well.
- Install the shock absorber with coil spring to the vehicle. Install the three nuts and tighten to 29 ft. lbs. (39 Nm).
- Attach the shock absorber assembly to the steering knuckle. Install the two bolts with the bolt heads to the rear of the vehicle, then tighten to 203 ft. lbs. (275 Nm).
- Connect the ABS sensor wire to the shock absorber if so equipped.
- Reconnect the brake hose to the shock absorber, tighten the retaining bolt to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Install front wheel and lower the vehicle. Check the front wheel alignment.
The strut assembly cannot be overhauled. In order to remove the coil spring, refer to Coil Spring Removal and Installation in this section.