The blower motor is located under the dashboard on the far right side of the car. The blower motor turns the fan, which circulates the heated, cooled or fresh air within the car. Aside from common electrical problems, the blower motor may need to be removed to clean out leaves or debris which have been sucked into the casing.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the glove box assembly.
- Disconnect the wiring from the blower motor.
- Remove the three screws holding the blower motor and remove the blower motor.
- With the blower motor removed, check the heater case for any debris or signs of fan contact. Inspect the fan for wear spots, cracked blades or hub, loose retaining nut or poor alignment.
- Place the blower motor in position, making sure it is properly aligned within the case. Install the three screws and tighten them EVENLY.
- Connect the wiring to the blower motor.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check operation of blower motor for all speeds and heater A/C system for proper operation.