REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1 through 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the center cluster finish lower panel and stereo opening cover.
On models with an airbag, wait at least 90 seconds from the time that the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the battery is disconnected before performing any further work.
- Remove the center cluster finish panel and radio.
- On some models the glove box components may need to be removed.
- Disconnect the control cables from the heater unit and water valve.
- Remove the 4 screws and the control assembly. Disconnect the air inlet control cable from the control assembly. Disengage the blower switch connector. Remove the control assembly.
- Attach the cables and wiring to the control assembly.
- Position the control assembly into the dash and secure with the mounting screws.
- Attach the control cables to the heater unit and water control valve. Adjust control cables as necessary.
- If removed, install the glove box assembly.
- Install the radio and center cluster finish panel.
- Install and secure the center cluster finish lower panel and stereo opening cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check operation of the system.