REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The heater core is simply a small heat exchanger (radiator) within the heater housing assembly in the car. If the driver selects heat on the control panel, a water valve is opened allowing engine coolant to circulate through the heater core. The blower fan circulates air through the fins, picking up the heat from the engine coolant. The heated air is ducted into the car and the cool.
- Remove the heater unit assembly-refer to the necessary service procedure.
- Remove the screws and 2 heater core retaining plates.
- Remove the heater core from the heater unit.
- Inspect the fins for blockage prior to installation if the old unit is being installed. Clean them with compressed air.
- Insert the heater core into the unit. Secure with the screws and plates.
- Install the heater unit.
- Push the water hoses onto the heater core pipes as far as the ridge on the pipes. Refill the cooling system. Connect the negative battery cable. Check operation of heater and A/C system.