REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1 through 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering column covers. Removing the steering wheel is not required, but may make the job easier. If the steering wheel is to be removed refer to Suspension & Steering .
Be careful not to damage the collapsible steering column mechanism.
- Remove the cluster finish panel.
- Remove the combination meter attaching screws and pull the unit forward. light maneuvering may be required to pull it from the dash.
- Disconnect the speedometer and any other electrical connections that are necessary.
- Remove the instruments from the combination meter as required.
- Any blown combination meter bulbs can be replaced once the unit is removed. Simply twist the socket and pull.
- Attach the components removed from the combination meter. Connect the harness to the back of the assembly and secure into the dash.
- Attach the cluster finish panel securely.
- Install and tighten the steering wheel column covers. Install the steering wheel if removed as in previous information .
- Attach the negative battery cable. Check meter operation.
- Reset the radio, clock and any other electrical components from the battery cable being disconnected.