REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1 through 5
To avoid personal injury and accidental deployment of the air bag, work must be started after about 90 seconds or longer from the time the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the battery cable is disconnected from the battery.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering column covers. Removing the steering wheel is not required, but may make the job easier. If the steering wheel is to be removed refer to Suspension & Steering .
Be careful not to damage the collapsible steering column mechanism.
- Remove the cluster finish panel.
- Remove the combination meter attaching screws and pull the unit forward. light maneuvering may be required to pull it from the dash.
- Disconnect the speedometer and any other electrical connections that are necessary.
- Remove the instruments from the combination meter as required.
- Any blown combination meter bulbs can be replaced once the unit is removed. Simply twist the socket and pull.
- Attach the components removed from the combination meter. Connect the harness to the back of the assembly and secure into the dash.
- Attach the cluster finish panel securely.
- Install and tighten the steering wheel column covers. Install the steering wheel if removed as in previous information .
- Attach the negative battery cable. Check meter operation.
- Reset the radio, clock and any other electrical components from the battery cable being disconnected.