REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door panel and watershield. Remove the service hole cover.
- Disconnect the door outside opening linkage. Remove the two mounting bolts and remove the door handle if in need of replacement.
- Disconnect the lock cylinder control linkage.
- Remove the lock knob and the child protector lock lever knob.
- Remove the lock assembly retaining screws and remove the door lock. If equipped with power locks, disconnect the electrical harness.
- To remove the lock cylinder, remove the lock cylinder retaining clip and pull the cylinder from the door.
- Coat all the door lock sliding surfaces with multi-purpose grease.
- Install the outside handle with the two retaining bolts, if removed.
- Install the door lock solenoid linkage to the door lock.
- Connect the link to the outside handle.
- Install the lock knob and the child protector lock lever knob.
- Install the door opening control link tighten the mounting bolts to 48 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the door lock cylinder control linkage.
- Install the door panel and watershield.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.