REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
This procedure applies to the All-Trac models only.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove drain plug and drain differential oil.
- Remove the rear axle shafts as outlined in this section. Disconnect and reposition all lines or vacuum hoses that are necessary to remove the axle housing assembly from the vehicle.
- Disconnect the propeller shaft or driveshaft (matchmark flange for correct installation) form the differential assembly.
- Support the rear axle assembly with proper equipment. Disconnect the rear shock absorbers, upper and lower control arms, rear stabilizer bar.
- Slowly lower the rear axle assembly, remove the rear coil springs. Remove the axle assembly from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Refill the unit (refill to the proper level) with 1-1.2 qts. as necessary of API GL-5 gear oil. Install the drain plug.