REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
This procedure applies to the All-Trac models only.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove drain plug and drain differential oil.
- Remove the rear axle shafts as outlined in this section.
- Disconnect the propeller shaft or driveshaft (matchmark flange for correct installation) form the differential assembly.
- Remove the differential carrier assembly retaining bolts. Remove the carrier assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedures. Torque the differential carrier retaining bolts to 23 ft. lbs. (31 Nm) the driveshaft flange bolts 27 ft. lbs. (36 Nm). Refill the unit with 1-1.2 qts. as necessary of API GL-5 gear oil and install drain plug.