REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Only the All-Trac models are equipped with a transfer case. For ease of removal, the entire transaxle assembly should be removed first.
- Remove the transaxle assembly with the transfer case attached from the vehicle. Refer to the previous procedures for automatic or manual transaxles.
- On manual transaxles, remove the 3 bolts and the 5 nuts.
- On automatic transaxles, remove the six nuts.
- Using a plastic hammer, remove the transfer assembly from the transaxle.
- Make sure that the contact surfaces are clean and oil-free.
- Apply seal packing (part No. 08826-00090 or equivalent) to the transfer and install the transfer as soon as the packing is applied.
On manual transaxles, shift into 4th gear, and install the transfer assembly while turning the input shaft of the transaxle.
- Apply sealant (part No. 08833-00080) to the bolt threads.
- Tighten all bolts and nuts to 51 ft. lbs. (69 Nm).