REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove the wiper arms from the cowl panel.
- On some models it may be necessary to remove the cowl panel.
- Disconnect the electrical harness from the wiper motor.
- Remove the wiper motor mounting bolts. Attach the claw of the wiper linkage to the cowl panel.
- Seaprate the wiper motor from the linkage.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Check wiper system for proper operation.
See Figure 7
- Remove the wiper arm from the pivot and remove the spacer and washer on the pivot.
- Remove the cover (trim) panel on the inside of the hatch lock.
- Remove the plastic cover on the wiper motor, then disconnect the wiring from the motor.
- Remove the mounting nuts and bolts and remove the wiper motor.
- Position the motor and secure it in the hatch lid.
- Connect the wiring harness and install the plastic cover.
- Install the inner trim panel on the hatch lid.
- Install the wiper arm with its washer and spacer, making sure the arm is correctly positioned before tightening the nut.