This system allows fresh air to enter the air intake chamber upon sudden deceleration to reduce hydrocarbons and carbon dioxide emissions. This system is used on the 1980-81 4M and 4-ME engines only.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the two vacuum lines.
- Remove the intake chamber line.
- Remove the valve from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Disconnect the air inlet hose of the vacuum limiter from the air connector and plug the air connector port.
- Start the engine.
- Close the inlet of the vacuum limiter with your finger.
- Increase the speed of the engine and then release the throttle.
- When the throttle valve is opened and closed you should momentarily feel vacuum. If not the vacuum limiter is defective and must be replaced.