On 1980-81 models, a circuit breaker is used in place of a fuse for the rear window defogger. It is located under the left or right side of the instrument panel, behind the kick panel. Circuit breakers may also be used for air conditioning, power windows, magnetic door locks and power sun roof on 1982 models.
If the circuit breaker cuts off:
- Remove the left or right kick panel.
- Unplug the wiring connector from the circuit breaker and then remove the circuit breaker assembly.
- Unlock the stopper and pull out the circuit breaker.
- To reset the circuit breakers, insert a needle into the reset hole and push it.
- Using an ohmmeter, check for continuity between the two circuit breaker terminals. If there isn't any, the circuit breaker will require replacement.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal.