- Remove the timing chain cover, as previously detailed in the appropriate section.
- Inspect the oil seal for signs of wear, leakage, or damage.
- If worn, pry the old oil seal out, using a small prybar. Remove it toward the front of the cover.
Once the oil seal has been removed, it must be replaced with a new one.
- Use a socket, pipe, or block of wood and a hammer to drift the oil seal into place. Work from the front of the cover.
Be extremely careful not to damage the seal or else it will leak.
- Install the timing chain cover as previously outlined.