REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- With the door in the opened position, support the outer lower edge with a jack. Place a block of wood between the jack and the door.
- Raise the jack until the wood is against the door, then put a slight upward pressure on the lower door edge. This will help support the door when the hinge mounting bolts are loosened.
- On models so equipped, remove the door open check pin. Lower the hinge and remove the body side mounting bolts.
- Remove the door.
- Install the door in the reverse order of removal. Adjust the door as required.
A special tool is required to adjust the door. Tool 09812-22010 or equivalent.
- To adjust the door in the forward-backward or up-down position, loosen the body hinge bolts slightly and use the tool to aid in proper door alignment.
- To adjust the door in the left-right or up-down position, loosen the door side hinge bolts and use the tool to aid proper door alignment.
- Tighten the door/body side hinge bolts and check the alignment. Readjust if necessary. Check the position of the door lock striker.
- If the striker is not in the correct position, loosen the mounting bolts slightly, and tap the striker (with a plastic hammer) into the correct position. Tighten the mounting bolts.