REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the disc brake pads as previously described.
- Disconnect the brake hose from the caliper. The fixed caliper is mounted by two bolts, cut the safety wire and remove the bolts. Remove the caliper. The sliding caliper support is held on by two mounting bolts, cut the safety wire and remove the bolts. Remove the caliper support.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure to safety wire the mounting bolts.
- Remove the caliper as previously described.
The caliper halves must not be separated. If brake fluid leaks from the bridge seal, replace the caliper assembly.
- Clean the caliper assembly of all accumulated mud and dust.
- Remove the retaining rings. Remove the dust covers.
- Hold one piston with a finger so that it will not come out and gradually apply air pressure to the brake line fitting. This should cause the other piston to come out, but if the piston you are holding begins moving before the other, switch your finger over and remove the more movable one first.
- Carefully remove the other piston.
- With a finger, carefully remove both piston seals.
- Thoroughly clean all par