REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
This procedure applies to models without MacPherson struts.
- Remove the hubcap and loosen the nuts.
- Raise the front of the car and support it by using jackstands.
- Remove the lug nuts and the wheel.
- Remove the shock absorber as detailed in the appropriate following section. Unfasten the stabilizer bar from the lower control arm (if equipped).
- Remove the dust cover.
- Install a coil spring compressor and compress the spring until there is no load on it. Place a jack under the spring seat for safety.
- Unfasten the lower ball joint retaining bolts and withdraw the ball joint, complete with the steering knuckle, from the lower control arm.
- Slowly and carefully loosen the spring compressor and remove the spring. (Lower the jack under the spring seat first).
- Inspect the spring, ball joint, and related components for wear or damage. Replace any parts necessary.
- Installation is performed in the reverse order of removal. If the spring is being replaced with a new one, be sure to purchase one of the correct load tolerance for your Corona. The ball joint/steering knuckle assembly securing bolts should be tightened to the following specifications:
After completing installation of the coil spring, check to ensure that it is properly seated in the lower suspension arm. Check front end alignment.
The coil springs are not interchangeable from the right side to the left side.Mark II and Crown