REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the front end.
- Remove the wheel.
- Disconnect the steering knuckle from the control arm.
- Disconnect the tie rod stabilizer bar and strut bar from the control arm.
- Remove the control arm mounting bolts, and remove the arm.
- Install in reverse of above. Tighten, but do not torque fasteners until car is on ground.
- Lower car to ground, rock it from side-to-side several times and tighten the control arm mounting bolts to 51-65 ft. lbs., stabilizer bar to 16 ft. lbs., strut bar to 40 ft. lb., and shock absorber to 65 ft. lbs.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the shock absorber and disconnect the stabilizer from the lower arm.
- Install a spring compressor and fully tighten it.
- Place a jack under the lower arm seat.
- Disconnect the lower ball joint from the knuckle and lower the jack.
- Remove the ball joint from the arm, remove the cam plates and bolts and take off the arm.
- Install in reverse of above. Tighten all fasteners, but do not torque them to specification until vehicle is on ground.
- Lower vehicle and rock it from side-to-side several times.
- With no load in vehicle, tighten the lower arm mounting bolts to 94-130 ft. lb.