REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the hub cap and loosen the lug nuts.
- Raise the front of the car and support it with jackstands.
- Remove the lug nuts and the wheel.
- Unfasten the double nuts at the top end of the shock absorber. Remove the cushions and cushion retainers.
- Remove the two bolts which secure the lower end of the shock absorber to the lower control arm.
- Remove the shock absorber.
- Inspect and test the shock as detailed below.
Installation of the shock is performed in the reverse order of removal. Tighten the securing nuts and bolts to the following specifications:
Upper securing nuts: 14-22 ft. lb.
With the shock absorber removed from the vehicle, examine it for the following:
Test shock absorber operation by placing it in an upright position. Push and pull on the shock. If the shock presents little resistance or binds, replace it with a new one.