REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The electric pump used on fuel injected models is removed by simply disconnecting the fuel lines and electrical connector from the pump and dismounting the pump.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, but do not start the engine.
- Remove the rubber cap from the fuel pump check connector and short both terminals.
- Check that there is pressure in the hose to the cold start injector.
At this time, you should be able to hear the fuel return noise from the pressure regulator.
- If no pressure can be felt in the line, check the fuses and all other related electrical connections. If everything is all right, the fuel pump will probably require replacement.
- Remove the service wire, reinstall the rubber cap and turn OFF the ignition switch.