REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
These procedures allow the control unit to be pulled forward out of the dash. Generally, this is sufficient to allow inspection of the lever functions, etc. If the control head is to be removed, the cables must be disconnected from each lever. In some cases, it may be easier to disconnect the cable at the heater linkage and pull the cable through the dash.
- Remove the trim panel surrounding the controls.
- Remove the knobs from the control levers. These knobs do pull off, although often with great effort. Don't damage anything when exerting force on the knob.
- If equipped with air conditioning, remove the A/C switch.
- Use a thin, flat bladed tool with a protected or taped edge. Carefully work the blade into the area at the bottom of the control unit and pry it out.
- Gently pull the unit forward. If equipped with a clock in the housing, disconnect the clock. Disconnect the lighting harness and pull the control unit forward.
- Install in reverse order, making sure the electrical connectors are engaged before installing the unit. Install the knobs securely and install the trim panel.