REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Separate the trim from the vehicle using a clip remover.
- Remove the rear wiper arm.
- Remove the rear defogger wire harness from the glass.
- Working from the outside, loosen the weatherstrip lip from the body with a flatbladed tool.
- Force the weatherstrip lip from the interior to the body flange outside. Pull the glass outwards and remove it with the weathertstrip.
- Clean off any adhesive left on the body and glass with alcohol.
- Attach the weatherstrip to the glass. If the weatherstrip is hardened, it may develop leaks. Replace it with a new one if necessary.
- Apply a working cord along the weathetrstrip groove.
- Apply soapy water to the contact face of the weatherstrip lip and to the body flange.
Note: Begin installation in the middle of the lower portion of the glass.
- Hold the glass into position on the body. Install the glass by pulling the string from the interior, while pushing on the outside of the weatherstrip with your open and.
- To snug the glass into place, tap from the outside with your open hand.
- Place masking tape around the weather strip to protect the paint surface.
- Apply adhesive between the weatherstrip and the glass; and between the weatherstrip and body.
- When the adhesive is dry, remove the masking tape.
- Install any remaining components.