REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
These procedures apply to most models, some variations may be needed depending on the year.Sedan
- Remove the rear seat cushion and rear seat backrest.
- Using a flatbladed tool, pry out the garnish on the rear side window.
- Pry the garnish off the roof side trim.
- Using a knife, cut loose the adhesive on the glass. Remove the glass and the molding.
- Purchase a sealant kit from your local dealer.
- Wipe off any adhesive left on the body or glass with alcohol.
- Using a sponge, oat the glass adhering surface with primer. Allow the primer coating to dry for 10 minutes.
- Before installing the glass, apply butyl tape. Tape over 0.79 in. (20mm) of the upper area.
- Place the molding on. Install the glass as a guide for the molding stud.
- Install the roof trim garnish, rear window side garnish and rear seat backrest and cushion.
- Separate the trim from the vehicle using a clip remover.
- Working from the outside, loosen the weatherstrip lip from the body with a flatbladed tool.
- Force the weatherstrip lip from the interior to the body flange outside. Pull the glass outwards and remove it with the weathertstrip.
- Clean off any adhesive left on the body and glass with alcohol.
- Attach the weatherstrip to the glass. If the weatherstrip is hardened, it may develop leaks. Replace it with a new one if necessary.
- Apply a working cord along the weathetrstrip groove.
- Apply soapy water to the contact face of the weatherstrip lip and to the body flange.
Begin installation in the middle of the lower portion of the glass.
- Hold the glass into position on the body. Install the glass by pulling the string from the interior, while pushing on the outside of the weatherstrip with your open and.
- To snug the glass into place, tap from the outside with your open hand.
- Place masking tape around the weather strip to protect the paint surface.
- Apply adhesive between the weatherstrip and the glass; and between the weatherstrip and body.
- When the adhesive is dry, remove the masking tape.
- Install any remaining components.