REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the hubcap and loosen the lug nuts.
- Jack up the rear axle housing and support the frame with jackstands. Leave the jack in place under the rear axle housing.
Support the car securely. Remember, you will be working underneath it.
- Remove the lug nuts and wheel.
- Unfasten the lower shock absorber end.
- Slowly lower the jack under the rear axle housing until the axle is at the bottom of its travel.
- Withdraw the coil spring, complete with its insulator.
- Inspect the coil spring and insulator for wear, cracks, or weakness. Replace either or both, as necessary.
- Installation is performed in the reverse order of removal. Tighten the lower shock absorber mounting to the specifications listed in the Shock Absorber Tightening Torque chart at the end of the Rear Shock Absorber Removal and Installation information.