REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Jack up the rear end of the vehicle.
Be sure that the vehicle is securely supported. Remember, you will be working underneath it.
- Support the rear axle housing with jackstands.
- Unfasten the upper shock absorber retaining nuts and/or bolts from the upper frame member.
- Depending upon the type of rear springs used, either disconnect the lower end of the shock absorber from the spring seat or the rear axle housing by removing its cotter pins, nuts, and/or bolts.
- Remove the shock absorber.
- Inspect the shock for wear, leaks, or other signs of damage. Test it as outlined in the Front Suspension Shock Absorber information.
- Installation is performed in the reverse order of removal. Tighten the shock absorber securing nuts and bolts to the specifications given in the following chart.